Selling my D800E for WHAT?!?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
mpetersson
Regular MemberPosts: 355Gear list
Like?
Re: Selling my D800E for WHAT?!?
In reply to LCplHerold, 3 months ago

Thank you so much for your reply.

I am currently using a Manual Focus range finder lens so my A7r has actually never focused on its own.

I truly do understand that people fall prey to myths which is one of the reasons I ask my question. I am only apprehensive about pulling the trigger as my photography is 100% of my income and I would hate to shoot myself in the foot so to speak.

I don't think you would have much of a problem with the AF for weddings to be honest. I'm not a professional, but I used my A7 + the FE55 to photograph a baptism in a rather dark church a few weeks ago, and the AF was fine for that. In better light it works just fine, although of course it's not suitable for sports or really fast-moving stuff. But there shouldn't be much of that at a wedding I guess...

I would think that if you're married to the Nikon-system with loads of high-end lenses etc. there might be more of a hurdle to pass there, since you probably can't get native equivalents for many of the lenses you might own (or want to own). Also you might miss the Nikon Professional Services if you have that today, I don't know whether Sony has an equivalent in your area. I know that they don't where I live, and if I was a professional that might matter a lot to me.

Oh, and an edit. Try the 24-70 Zeiss before buying, I just got that lens and you really need to try before you buy to see if you can live with it. It has aspects that might bother some people a lot, others less. I am, as yet, undecided.

mpetersson's gear list:mpetersson's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
A7SNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow