Selling my D800E for WHAT?!?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
nandbytes
Senior MemberPosts: 3,710Gear list
Like?
Re: Selling my D800E for WHAT?!?
In reply to LCplHerold, 6 months ago

I recently did a wedding in India with my A7. Believe you me the wedding there are a lot more chaotic than the ones here in UK. My cousin had hired a professional too and I was just taking pictures for fun. In the end it seems they prefer my pictures to the other guys, and asked if I could do an album. I don't know where to start.... but any way the point is the AF system is good enough for such events IMO. It focussed pretty well indoors with FE35 but it wasn't particularly dark.

Some people did smile at me and some of them I thought I was using a p&s lol. But now my pictures speak for themselves.

That's my limited personal experience anyway, take what you will of it. There is another person who is doing BIF shooting with A7+FE70-200 and being successful. The AF is certainly not at the level of D800 but its not as bad as people make it out to be either.

-- hide signature --

Focus on what you have, not on what you don't.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nandbytes/

nandbytes's gear list:nandbytes's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Sony a77 II Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
A7SNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow