Need advice on a certain type of bag?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
Stuart001
Regular MemberPosts: 470Gear list
Like?
Re: Need advice on a certain type of bag?
In reply to dog house riley, 6 months ago

I've recently purchased an F-Stop Guru.  It's a backpack-style so don't know that it's what you want, but it's excellent. It fits a D700 or D800 with grip and a 16-35 attached, as well as carrying a 50mm f1.8, a 24-120 and ancillary bits and pieces.  It has accessory straps for carrying tripods, and seems very well constructed. I've tried all styles of bags and for me the backpack is the most convenient and it's easy on the back and shoulders.

The company uses as system of removable compartments that slip into the bags, and the rest of the bag is available for other things.  You can actually change the bag dynamics from small to large carrying capacity simply by changing the internal units.

F-Stop make bigger bags, but this one is great for day-trips.  (I have a LowePro Pro Trekker when I need to carry everything.)

'I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man': (Oscar Wilde)

Stuart001's gear list:Stuart001's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow