Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
z2122
Regular MemberPosts: 200Gear list
Like?
wifi adapter wu1b on d610 .... experience
1 month ago

i bought the nikon wifi adapter and before i bought it i read some posts, that said that the transmission of pictures with that adapter is slow ... 15 sec for one jpg. I shoot mainly raw and overall i thought this will not really work with raw.

the first surprise was how comfortable the adapter can be fixed on the camera neck belt and how easy it is to use it.

at the first attempts i had a lot of problems, the transmission was unreliable and slow, but than i placed the iphone very close to the wifi adapter the transmission was quite fast , 5 sec for a jpg and 15 sec for .nef. you can also transfer raw to your iphone - they will be converted in the d610 to jpgs. the main point is, that the distance between wu1b and smartphone has to be very close ( if you look at the size of the wu1b it is clear, because there is not much place for an antenna in it)

I will use the wu1b to share pictures on facebook or other plattforms when i am travelling . sometimes friends want to have the picture immediately after i took it on their smartphones. in fact i do not understand, why this is not built into a 1500,- euro camera, they could charge 50 euros more for the camera, i would not care.

you can also use the wifi to remote control your d610, but it is only a shutter function with live view - you cannot change camera setting

....and no, i am not getting commissions from nikon

z2122's gear list:z2122's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G +2 more
Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow