Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jeminijoseph
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,984Gear list
Like?
New to Sony, need help with a6000
6 months ago

I've been using Nikon for a long time and used mostly SLR cameras. I primarily shoot wildlife and I want to have tele lens on my SLR all the time. I was looking for a portable family camera that can take serious landscape too. So I won't have to changes lens on SLR

With all reviews just got a6000 and overall looks good. It's hard to be excited after using SLR for such a long time (handling, view finder etc especially). But I had (still have) high hope for AF. Out of the box, it doesn't even focus on computer screen. Something wrong for sure. Almost all images come out of focus. The lens jump back and forth couple of times and then shows the green focusing points (I assume camera got the focus), but the screen and viewfinder shows out of focus image. Didn't download any images yet.

Didn't change anything in settings except date/time stuff. I know I can read the instruction manual (and will) But any quick tips will be very helpful. For the time being not too worried about tracking. Just want to be able to take static family pictures like a point and shoot.

-- hide signature --
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow