Lets see your 58mm samples, was it worth it?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
xtm
xtm
Regular MemberPosts: 461Gear list
Like?
Re: Lets see your 58mm samples, was it worth it?
In reply to ranalli, 3 months ago

ranalli wrote:

alabaster wrote:

Bo Photo wrote:

What a sensational example of near and far OOF bokeh, and a great pose as well. Absolutely first class.

You're making my credit card squeal.

-- hide signature --

I gotta be honest though....this photo is very good but it is more the photographer than the lens IMO. I feel he could have done this with nearly any 50mm 1.4.

But this is a great photo though no matter what factors contributed to it.

It has always been the photographer...always has been, always will be. The 58 1.4G will not magically make you a better photographer because it costs $1700. Hell, I've seen some pretty bad photos with the 200 f/2.

I think most people are expecting to be "extremely blown away" by this lens just because of the price tag. Well guess what.. YOU need to blow people away, not the lens. The lens just makes it easier, but the effort is totally on you.

I am in the process of selling my 85 1.4G, and replacing it with this lens............. I'm kinda tired of the 85's predictable nature. To me it's like a faithful wife..kinda boring. Right now I want a girlfriend that parties all night, and that IS the 58.

xtm's gear list:xtm's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D600 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200mm f/2G ED-IF VR +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow