Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
phazelag
Senior MemberPosts: 2,342Gear list
Like?
RX100 Mark 3 portraits with Speedlite powered Beauty Dish
4 months ago

My Daughter got dressed up for church and I decided to do an improvised photo shoot with the RX100M3 and also my RX10.  I took several shots at various ISOs, apertures, and shutters, trying to balance the ambient light with my Beauty dish powered by a Neewer TT650.  With RX100M3 I was able to use the pop up flash (when in portrait mode you can point it to the side toward the speedlite) to trigger the beauty dish.  I also turned the flash EV down some.  I also took some outside with the dish.  I shot in raw (Lightroom updated with the Mark 3 raw data today) and edited in lightroom.

As I experimented some of the exposures were off and I adjusted some in Lightroom.  Outside the white balance was tricky mixing the harsh daylight with flash.  I was very impressed with this lens sharpness.  The only time the eyes were soft were when I missed the focus or had too slow of a shutter.  I did find indoors and up close I was better of around f4 to ensure the eyes were in focus.

Let me know what you think.  I am happy to answer questions.  Here is a link to all the photos, I will post the RX10 images later.  http://www.scottzinda.com/Point-and-Shoot-Cameras/Sony-RX100-Mark-3/

phazelag's gear list:phazelag's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow