Seeking advice: Canon EOS M or Nikon Coolpix A?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
Shurato
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Nope, I got it and I have it in my hands now :-)
In reply to Alastair Norcross, 1 month ago

Alastair Norcross wrote:

What's the store? It's almost certainly a scam. Run away from that as fast as you can. All the reputable dealers have it for nearly $1100. Even the EOS M price is probably too low, but you can get that kit on Amazon for under $320.

Whenever you see a deal that's more than 30% lower than the big online retailers (Amazon, B&H, Adorama), it's a scam.

Actually I ran into the store to get it instead of ordering it online and I just got it in my hands now
To be fair, I also gotta say that it was in Switzerland this clearance sale happened, specifically in the "Interdiscount" electronics store chain, which is the largest "electronics discounter" in my country. Rather by coincidence I saw one on display which was the last one; yet I didn't get it immediately since I was fancying having one being in the original packaging. So I was researching on their on-line portal and found one last one in original packaging in another town, so there I jumped on.
Anyhow, enough of this blabber, here's the proof:

So 399 Swissfrancs is around 440$ under the current exchange rate.

So yeah, to sum it up, inserting an off-topic sentence, Switzerland has a high cost of living, is expensive etc., etc., yet when electronic stores are doing clearance sales, you can get some real steals when you get the right timing.

And for the Canon EOS M clearance sale deal:
https://www.interdiscount.ch/idshop/jproduct/Digitalsystemkamera/892674/Canon_EOS_M_-_Digitalkamera_-_spiegelfreies_System/detail.jsf

To sum it up, eventually I got the Nikon Coolpix A; when I had it in my hands again and playing around with it, this piece of tech just felt very impressive and invites to play and experiment with a fixed size lens. And boy, is this thing compact and lightweight for its sensor built in.

Anyhow, thanks to all for your expert advice and enriching contribution

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow