Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,977Gear list
Like?
Re: A few snaps with Sony FE 70-200mm f4 and a6000
In reply to Jorginho, 6 months ago

stoppingdown wrote:

NeilJones wrote:

I honestly get better results with my Panasonic GH4 and Pany 35-100mm 2.8 (70-200mm equiv)

The GH4 focuses quicker in continuous and nails more shots (although not at 11fps)

I'm interested in this comparison, because clearly the M43 is lighter and smaller. But apart from focus speed, is there anything else that you feel better on the M43?

I just miss not having the 2.8 with the Sony lens.

For what reason? From a DoF point of view f/2.8 on a M43 system is substantially the same as f/4 on a APS-C. Perhaps you want one stop of more light for slower shutter speeds, but you could just use one more stop of ISO (see below).

And on the a6000 noise really starts creeping in way too early when you crank the iso.

Can you elaborate? DxOMark says the Sony is clearly better than the GH4 for noise - which is somewhat expected, since the Sony has got a larger sensor.

http://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Compare/Side-by-side/Sony-A6000-versus-Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-GH4-versus-Olympus-OM-D-E-M1___942_943_909

The sony lens will be much better suited to a full frame cam. And it just looks silly on my a6000 and kinda defeats the object of a compact camera!

That's a good point, and it's my only doubt about that lens. That's why I'm really curious about the IQ of the 35-100.

It would be great if you could post some side-by-side examples, I mean the same still subject at the same moment with both systems, same settings (just one stop faster for the M43).

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Fabrizio Giudici
http://stoppingdown.net

Well, I'll look into IQ pics of mine but I also got the 45-175 mm mFT lens. I shot for 1 week with it. Once yuou have had the 35-100 this lens seems so blurry. Yet it isn't. It is not worse than my 100-300 mm (well, may  alittle but not much). The 35-100 is so sharp, just beautiful. I bought it with the GH4 3 weeks ago an love it. More than the 12-35, more than 45 mm f1.8. More than any lens I have. And it is fast focussing too...

I have a lovely 35-105 lens too, now my portrait zoom lens on NEX-6 and a55. It cost me $80.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
andNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow