Photographer assaulted for taking pictures.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Combat By Design
Regular MemberPosts: 239Gear list
Like?
Re: Photographer assaulted for taking pictures.
In reply to istreetshooter, 6 months ago

istreetshooter wrote:

Her assault is wrong, but there does need to be a discussion on drones at the state level in the various states.

There are plenty of questions here.

What should be our expectation of privacy?

You're in an open public space same as if you were on a sidewalk: NONE

Should pilots of drones taking pictures over a public area file a permit?

NO, just like I don't need a permit to take photographs from the public sidewalk unless I'm at a private/sponsored event...and even then... most of the time I don't need permission.

Should drone photography of public spaces serve a public good?

What? Are you reading what you're typing?

Do we want to live in a society that when we look up at the clouds in the sky they are covered by drones?

Because the clouds are COVERED by remote control helicopters/airplanes, right?

What are the benefits to society of drone photography?

Advertising of parks and gathering places, and mapping to start....

If someone is flying a drone over their own property, do they have the right to photography onto my private property? You can photograph from sidewalks into private spaces. Is this the same or different?

I don't think you understand expectation of privacy... If I'm in my house, or even my fenced in back yard, I have an expectation of privacy. If I'm in open view of the public eye (ANYONE passing by) I have none... a flying apparatus of ANY kind is clearly not standard open view of the public eye.

There are safety and privacy issues at stake here that need to be explored.

Most of which you seemed to have pulled out somewhere i don't want to mention.

Combat By Design's gear list:Combat By Design's gear list
Canon EOS 650D Tamron SP AF 200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF) Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon Pixma Pro-100 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow