Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Optimus Prime Lens
Regular MemberPosts: 243Gear list
Like?
After market EN-EL4a, views please....
6 months ago

Wrote this once before, lost it, trying again. Generally I buy 'branded' accessories or parts. My view is that the quality etc will be superior. However I'm beginning to think that I'm just paying through the nose for many things. Friends have bought laptop chargers and IR remotes in the past entirely without issues. I've also had repairs to cars made using parts that are not 'made' by the manufacturer, the cost of the parts sometimes being more than the value of the car.

In a thread about the D300s grip 'Arved' made a point that has always been at the back of my mind. Manufactures buy their batteries in from other companies. In many cases the difference between 'branded' and 'after market' is just the sticker, or am I wrong? 'Arved' mentioned a company called DSTE. I'm seriously considering buying an EN-EL4a battery and charger from them. Can anyone please give me their experience of this firm, and after market batteries /chargers in general?

I'd very much appreciate any advice you can give meĀ 

Nikon D300S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow