Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Optimus Prime Lens
Regular MemberPosts: 243Gear list
Like?
After a lot of fun with a D90....
6 months ago

....I now have a D300s  Apart from some washed out colours to start with, I traced that back to the WB being set on 'strip lights', I can't think of the proper term for it as I write.  All looks good now.   I feel like this is the camera I should have gotten to start with, as I love the FPS for stopping the action when needed. The extra focus points are a real bonus too. I'm also loving the weather sealing. Either because I wasn't clear enough, or more likely because the sales assistant couldn't be bothered, I ended up with the D90. This was my first DSLR, coming from a Sony bridge camera.  Now I moved to 'M' setting almost straight away and have taken a number if pictures that I am really proud of.  I still get all 'fingers and thumbs' sometimes and mess up my shots so I'm still very much learning.   On the one hand the D90 was, and still is, a fantastic camera to use and learn with. So I was very lucky there. However, I'm less than happy at the hit taken in trading it in to get the D300s. I couldn't even use the grip from the D90, I mean what's that all about? 

Anyway, I'm very happy and am looking forward to learning more about this wonderful subject. My desire is to move to FF at my next 'significant' birthday. So I have a few years to go to get my skills set higher. So hi to you all, I'm lucky to be 'here'. I'd like some advice on after market batteries but will post a separate thread in the hope it gets seen more. Just remember, over exposure normally ends up with the police being called. 

Nikon D300S Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow