Mac setup and dual screen calibration?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Mekutotokuchiri
Junior MemberPosts: 46Gear list
Like?
Re: Mac setup and dual screen calibration?
In reply to Howard Moftich, 4 months ago

Howard Moftich wrote:

as you observed, 2 displays calibrated to the same setting look vastly different to your eyes. That's expected. What version of Spyder4 do you have? Here is what they advertise for the Elite:

The Elite version of our Spyder4 family offers extensive tools to give you greater control of your calibration needs on any displays. Here are the additional features not offered in the Pro version:

StudioMatch – enables visual fine-tuning of multiple studio displays to match the way you see color.

SpyderTune – lets you fine-tune multiple displays for matching brightness, gamma and white point in a side-by-side viewer. The slider controls provide precision control and you see the adjustments in real time to make it easy to get the closest match possible with your multiple displays.

whether thats really worth it, hard to say. Basically you pick one display to be your reference and then start trying to dial-in the other display (probably using CIE XY specifications to get the second one close).

I "only" have the Pro version, so StudioMatch and SpyderTune is not included. I should have thunk about that when I bought it.

Mekutotokuchiri's gear list:Mekutotokuchiri's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Apple iPhone 4S +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow