Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
howardfuhrman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,595
Like?
Adobe - New Pricing Plan - I do not know if I trust them
4 months ago

I am not a professional but have a passion for photography and have used and upgraded Photoshop to  LR4 to CS6 and I stopped upgrading when Adobe offered their monthly pricing plan with no guarantee that they would not increase their introductory price after signing up for one year.  I recently checked and as I recollect they wanted $49.99 per month or some similar amount which  was more than I was willing to spend.  Since CS6 and LR4 still serves me at that time I contemplated my next move.  I purchased a Panasonic GX7 and the CS6 and LR4 would not recognize the GX7 raw files.  I spoke to Adobe and I could upgrade LR4 to LR5 (which recognizes GX7 raw files) for a one time price. I ordered and downloaded LR5 only to discover it was not compatiable with Vista (which should give you an idea how old my computer is) and I am unwilling to upgrade the computerat this time.

I then purchased Photo Ninja (on an annual basis) which converts the GX7 and is compatiable with the CS6. Now Adobe has come up with their new "permanent" $9.95/mo pricing plan.  While it will be necessary for me to purchase a new computer with an upgraded operating system,  I do not know if I can trust Adobe's new "permanent"  $9.95 per month pricing plan.  I feel they may increase their monthly pricing plan from $9.95 to $19.95 or $29.95 or $39.95 after a year or so, just like they did before.

What do other users of the Adobe CS think? Can we trust Adobe?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow