Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Henry Falkner
Forum ProPosts: 12,068Gear list
Like?
SH-1 - Out of the Shop
3 months ago

The phone message said 'Your black SH-1 is here'. It was indeed.

Once I had the camera at Photo Warehouse, I set up my new SH-1 while still in the shop. My Li-90B batteries are physically the same size as the Li-92B in the box, which I was going to charge at home. I made a point of formatting my 16GB memory card in the SH-1, to prevent the camera from taking a dislike to its SH-50 history. I set the date, video for HD720p, Compression FINE, but forgot to set the wind reduction function. Without it, the sound has a bit much bass for my liking.

Coming from the SH-50, some functions have been shifted around. There is a 'Vivid-Natural-Muted' option. I selected 'Natural', WB AUTO, and ISO AUTO in P mode. The 4-way rocker functions have changed, and the LCD display changes now are found on a new 'Info' button.

Enough waffle, my first SH-1 pictures are all on this page -

http://upload.pbase.com/hfalkner/henry110&page=5

The pictures are compressed but not processed, and at the camera resolution.

This guy gave me permission to record him again. We remembered each other from two years ago -

Here is my favourite railway station again, again -

Inevitably, the ferry building also had to pose -

All the video clips took about 25 minutes, and there was enough battery left to download them -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g917ExpvJn4

The video is processed. Brightness in the railway station was increased to Gamma 6 in AVS Video Converter, and RGB correction is 3 2 -2.

There are a couple of additions in the SH-1 that I have to consult the manual for. Much to my relief, the SH-1 still has two WB Custom settings, which I still need to calibrate.

The SH-1 came with a neck strap, which I have not seen with a P&S camera since the D-490 in 2001!

Henry

-- hide signature --
 Henry Falkner's gear list:Henry Falkner's gear list
Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus SH-50 Olympus Stylus SH-1
Olympus SH-50 Olympus Stylus SH-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow