Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
glo
glo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,019
Like?
Re: Thinking of getting into FX but have a few reservations
In reply to stromaroma, 5 months ago

stromaroma wrote:

I never thought I'd say this, but I may get into FX. The economical D600/610 option may sway me. I played with a friend's D700 with 24-70 a couple months ago and man was that sweet. There was something magical about setting it to 2.8 and just taking random shots and them all turning out eye poppingly amazing. It put my V1 images into perspective, in terms of DOF and DR. I try and try to take great shots with that camera but outside, it just doesn't compare to what no effort on a D700 will do. But I have a few issues.

Not surprised, the D700 is a very fine body.

1) Firstly, I know I can get a used D600 with or without the new shutter for a good price. However, in my experience, sending things in for repairs usually results in a screw up somehow. I'm not impressed with Nikon service. For an extra $400 it might just be worth buying a D610 instead, and then I'd also be able to play with the actual unit in hand to ensure there are no focus or other issues before buying.

If it were me, I'd go with a new one with its warrantee. If you have trouble with a used one, it'll cost you more than $400 in time and stress.

best of luck!

glo

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow