My review: Fuji X-T1 vs the Nikon Df

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Giovanni_1968
Senior MemberPosts: 1,187Gear list
Like?
Re: My review: Fuji X-T1 vs the Nikon Df
In reply to slimandy, 3 months ago

I own a D800 and am happy with it, don't mind the size when I want the shallow depth of field or the super MP count, if weight/size is a problem then it's not a matter of comparing but matter of choosing a compromise and the XT-1 seems to do well in that dept even though it's an APS-C sensor and as such I don-t see a fair comparison to put it on the side with the DF.

This said I'm lusting after an X-Series camera but am afraid I will be disappointed by the results if I look forward to replicate the D800 (or DF if you prefer) image quality for what it matters portraiture whilst I could be happy with landscaping even though at half or less the res of the Nikon, portrait wise I should get the 56/1.2 to replicate my cheap 85/1.8, landscaping wise the 10-24 could be a very decent lens to suit the needs, I don't need f2.8 for landscaping and a compact and lightweight setup would make me carry the camera more often whilst the APS-C sensor would give me a more extended DOF but, again, with the same money of the 10-24 I could get, say, the 18-35 for Nikon or the even more expensive 16-35VR which matches the field of view and aperture, again, matter of usage and expectations, in my case I would still use the D-SLR with fast primes for portraiture and the mirror less for everyday usage not expecting the same quality and, same important, with less weight to carry but also by investing more money to obtain similar results due to lens cost whereas the DSL-R's 1.8s are nowadays quite cheap vs the MirrorLess ones being still very expensive...

-- hide signature --

Giovanni
http://www.flickr.com/photos/giovanniaprea/
FujiS5 Nikon D800 Panasonic L1 shooter

Giovanni_1968's gear list:Giovanni_1968's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Panasonic Leica D Vario-Elmarit 14-50mm F2.8-3.5 ASPH Mega OIS +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow