ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Smiller4128
Regular MemberPosts: 339Gear list
Like?
Fuji 23mm or Fuji 56mm?
3 months ago

Hello all!

I'm looking for a little advice. I've always been the type to choose a zoom lens over a prime because I believed that primes were extremely limiting...until I picked and tried the Fuji 14mm! I LOVE that lens and it's amazing because using a prime lens challenges you to shoot smarter and think more about your shots. However I'm now at the point where I want a bit more focal length and so I've been eyeing the Fuji 23mm to use as a nice walking around lens to cover everything from portraits to street photography and I thought I was completely set on that...until I started reading and looking at images of the Fuji 56mm...now I'm completely torn on which to get. I like the 23mm because it gives a 35mm equivalent and it's instant manual focus via sliding back the focus ring (LOVE this feature on my 14mm). But I already have the 23mm range covered in my 18-55mm kit lens. Whereas the 56mm is a new focal length (even if it's just by 1mm) and it's got a bigger aperture and the images it creates are absolutely stunning! So my question is which lens in your opinion would be the better of the two in my situation to use as a portrait/walk around lens that I could keep on my camera for extended periods?

Smiller4128's gear list:Smiller4128's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow