User review on Zeiss Touit 12mm

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
David Lozoya
Contributing MemberPosts: 779
Like?
Package deal 12mm and 32mm...love the 12mm, 32mm is ok
In reply to José B, 6 months ago

I got the Zeiss 12mm Touit 2.8 and the Zeiss 32mm 1.8 Touit during that $919 deal from B&H. All I can say is the 12mm is the best UWA I have seen so far for APS-C. Very nice lens indeed. I like it much better than the more reviewed and talked about Zeiss 32mm 1.8. That lens is a little weak in the corners from 1.8 to 2.8. In reading reviews it seems that all behave this way so its not just my particular copy. It is not severe and perhaps I'm too critical. One other area of concern is that it hunts a bit sometimes. My Sigma 30mm 2.8 Art is better in the corners but not in the all important center and midsection of the frame...there the Zeiss Touit 32mm beats it...not by much but enough to warrant the price I paid for it during the sale. The Sigma does not hunt like the Zeiss 32mm Touit.

Now back to the 12mm. I have had it for a few weeks and I find that it focuses fairly quickly and captures very nice crisp images with excellent color rendition on my a6000 and have also used it on my Sony a7. Certainly a keeper. I just wish Zeiss would develop a full frame version (18mm) for E Mount.

-- hide signature --

www.davidlozoya.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow