Bragging about our expensive mirrorless/DSLR vs a point and shoot

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Adrian Van
Regular MemberPosts: 374Gear list
Like?
Re: Here is the photo.
In reply to mistermejia, 2 months ago

For portraits, if your camera has center spot metering, I would go with that (I use this outdoors for portraits most of the time, full matrix for scenes only). Sometimes with full scene metering or matrix metering, the foreground is underexposed and the flash if variable power does not fire strong enough (for foreground subjects) as it thinks background has enough light. With center spot metering on people, camera reads the peoples exposure level, the flash may power better for the exposure in auto (if using auto/program) would work better. If using A, S, or manual adjust and take a second photo.

Sorry, do not have this camera, so if I am wrong on these functions, please keep that in mind. The 2 Fujis I have from past is Fuji S2Pro and S5Pro. But principles of flash and metering remain the same.

Also if you are zooming in quite a bit from a distance, the small flash on top may have little effect. Walk in closer for stronger and better fill flash effect, or add stronger external flash.

Adrian Van's gear list:Adrian Van's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow