Flat view
Thiago Guedes
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Two Choices - Upgrade kit lenses
6 months ago

Hi guys,

How are you doing?

I've always wanted to dive into this Photography world but only recently I could really start to study and learning. About 6 months ago I've bought my first dslr, Nikon D5200, and since then I am shooting, learning and studying at every possible opportunity

On the next few days I am going to Miami on a trip with my wife so, since photography equipment here in Brazil is damn expensive, I've decided it would be a nice opportunity to upgrade my Kit Lenses (18-55 Nikon).

There's a lot of topics on this subject so after reading quite a few of them and some reviews, I've narrowed my choices to either:

Nikon 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED IF AF-S DX Nikkor Zoom Lens

Sigma AF 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC HSM OS | C

I am looking for a "all purpose/always carry" lenses so for now I've discarding fixed primes.

From what I could gather, they are very similar, differing only a little bit on the wide end and max apperture. I am more worried about build and optics quality.

What do you guys think, would the them present a nice upgrade?

Any input will be really appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,

Nikon D5200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow