Help! Olympus E-PM2 skin tones versus Nikon D7000

Started Dec 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bas Hamstra
Senior MemberPosts: 1,480Gear list
Like?
Check your monitor
In reply to Alex Notpro, 2 months ago

In your example the boy looks very very sick in the Nikon shot.

Maybe your monitor is tuned way too magenta and on your monitor the Nikon looks better. But then your monitor is basically tuned wrong AND your prints will look very different from your monitor.

Bas

Alex Notpro wrote:

The skin tones on the E-PM2 come out very different from the Nikon D7000 by default. See comparison below. Some reviewers seem to find the warmer/redder Olympus tones more lively, but it must be a matter of preference, as I find them a bit unflattering (giving some subjects a gritty/angry look... probably great for street photography, not so much for family photos). I'm able to correct the tones on the computer but does anybody know some quick settings to have them come out the same as the D7000 straight out of camera? The D7K tones are more natural, when compared to the subject next to the computer monitor.

Here's one representative sample comparison. Trust me, I did several, but I'm not going to post them all:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/atramos/8247423184/in/photostream/lightbox/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow