Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JK5700
Senior MemberPosts: 1,531Gear list
Like?
Upgrade D3 to D4 or D4s?
2 months ago

I currently have a D3 and a D7100 that I use for shooting birds and wildlife. My lenses include the new 80-400 and a 500VR.

I am not really happy with the D7100 and am getting far better results with the D3.It really is hard work to get sharp shots handheld shooting BIF with the D7100 whereas I had no issues with the D300s and D3.

However the D3 also suffers from a small buffer when shooting NEF. I am now considering getting a used D4 to replace them both. Some questions:

Is a used D4 a worthwhile upgrade to my D3? I am looking for a bigger buffer, a few more pixels and better ISO performance. I understand that some are saying that the move from a D3s to a D4 is a backwards step when it comes to ISO.

Should I rather wait and save a bit more and go for the D4s?

A local guy is asking $4500 for a D4 with 50,000 actuations whereas the price of a new D4s is around $8500 here in SA.

-- hide signature --

http://kennekam.blogspot.com/
www.pbase.com/kennekam

JK5700's gear list:JK5700's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D3 Nikon D200 Nikon D4 Nikon D7100 +10 more
Nikon D3 Nikon D300S Nikon D3S Nikon D4 Nikon D4s Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow