Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bloodycape
Senior MemberPosts: 1,427Gear list
Like?
Thinking about moving to an X camera. Wildlife questions
2 months ago

I'm thinking about switching to Fuji, but I like to shoot wildlife. I started to look at the X cameras because of how low the X-M1, & X-A1 can be had(used). I like the tilting display, but the lack of the EVF is key for me. Then I started looking at the X-E1, and prices are workable(once I sell my gear), but the lack of a tilting display is meh, as is the slightly lower screen quality. X-E2 is better of course but out of my budget. Any thoughts? I have a GF3, which lacks and evf and use that as my pocket camera for social events, but it's been a long while since I have shot wildlife with the rear display, so I am not sure how well that will work. How is the IS on the Fuji X cameras?

Part of the reason I am moving is because I never fully bonded with my current camera a Sony A57. I am more of a mirrorless person and I like the output I am seeing out of Fuji cameras. I thought about going back to m4/3 for wildlife, and still open to that possibility, but I like the extra leeway I can get out of an APS-C camera. Thank you.

bloodycape's gear list:bloodycape's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +1 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow