Can you help me in choosing a wide angle zoom lens for my D600?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
anirbana
Regular MemberPosts: 234Gear list
Like?
Can you help me in choosing a wide angle zoom lens for my D600?
6 months ago

I currently use a 28-105 AFD on the D600. The lens is sharp and I love it. However at times I feel that I need wider than 28mm. After reading more on wide and UWA lenses, I have the following lenses in my mind.

My budget is a max £570.

1. Nikon 18-35 G - Reviews are great and it has perhaps the best corner sharpness of the bunch. No VR, but I would use it on tripod if the light is too low. Lightest and easy to carry all day.

2. Sigma 24-105 F4 Art - Great reviews, but also read issues with fine tuning and compatibility. has VR which is handy, but quite heavy at >800gm. A £100 cashback offer is tempting.

3. Nikon 24-85 G VR - Excellent centre sharpness, but corners are not that great. Stopping down improves corners. Has VR and and better reach than the 18-35. 6mm shorter on the wide side compared to 18-35 G. Cheapest of the three.

I will mostly shoot landscape, city, street and general shooting for a day. Will be visiting lake district in July.

Can't afford 16-35VR or 14-24.

Appreciate some thoughts and suggestions from you guys so that I can pick one. I have not considered prime at this moment.

Ani

anirbana's gear list:anirbana's gear list
Nikon D600 Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow