jbas78
Junior MemberPosts: 28Gear list
Like?
Re: digidownunder
In reply to digidownunder, 4 months ago

digidownunder wrote:

jbas78 wrote:

TrapperJohn wrote:

OOF shots, not necessarily always front or always back focus, but definitely was off focus.

After some trial and error, I found that the PL25 was locking onto things I couldn't see, like a stray strand of hair. The shallow DOF tends to magnify focus errors.

Solution was to set the E3 AF to center point only, focus target small. That eliminated, for the most part, the focus errors.

Haven't really had any issues with the PL25 on the EM1 - AF's quickly, and accurately. The PL25 also AF'd quite nicely on the EM5 as well

I tried that just the way you advised but none of that worked. the panaleica will focus tack sharp when I add a fill in flash when using my e-30. if anyone have another method, please let me know.

thanks in advance

I switch do Diamond pattern in low light with the E5& the 25mm Panny & this does help a lot but I agree the 25mm 1.4 is the most unreliable of all my four thirds lenses.It does work much more reliably on the Panasonic L1 though.Still love it despite the frustrations in certain conditions.

What is "Diamond pattern"? Does the feature exist in e-30?

have you sent the lens to panasonic to recalibrate it? and is it possible to do that?

thanks

jbas78's gear list:jbas78's gear list
Olympus E-410 Olympus E-30 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow