Ultrawide solution

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Impulses
Senior MemberPosts: 1,116Gear list
Like?
Re: Thanks for the advices
In reply to mazzuccato, 6 months ago

Thanks everyone for the replies. I see that 9-18 is a good lens. Now my worries are just about the fact I already own the 12-35, so the focal lenght is partially covered and I'd like to have an equivalent of 18mm FF f2.0 for night shots. Anyway, I'll search in the used market, the 9-18 is reasonably "old" in order to find an offer which could make the lens irresistible for me

-- hide signature --

Stefano

Shouldn't be hard to find for a good price considering Olympus drops it to $600 all the time and you can often find it on eBay for $550 (imported from Japan)... I'm surprised it's gotten so much praise in this thread, not because I'm not happy with mine but because I didn't see nearly as much praise for it when I was struggling with the decision to buy it (or the Panasonic).

Might see more used copies of it on sale after the debut if the Oly 7-14/f2.8 too... Though that itself might be an option to keep in mind if you don't mind the price/size? I'm surprised no one has mentioned defishing images from the Samyang FE you already have either. I actually went the opposite direction, got the FE after the UWA, quite recently tho and haven't gotten around to playing with defishing in post.

Impulses's gear list:Impulses's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
f/2New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow