Is the N1 the action/wildlife kit for me?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
dougjgreen1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,199Gear list
Like?
Re: More technical explanation
In reply to jimoyer, 4 months ago

jimoyer wrote:

Just out of curiosity............What does ANY of this have to do with the OP's question?

A fair point, because this discussion is about 3 degrees removed from the OP's question.

First, it was suggested that the native N1 lenses would not be ideal for the OP's application, so that F-mount long AF-S DSLR lenses should be used instead.

Second, if that path was adopted, I had suggested that, for use with those lenses, a DX DSLR would be a better body, even if the image was cropped

Third, it was claimed that cropping the larger DSLR images would eliminate the Dynamic Range of the larger sensor DSLRs.    I was responding to that claim, and showing why that's not the case.

But, in a broader sense, you are correct, as this whole branch of the conversation was really a diversion from the OP's original question, and it was probably more relevant to some other threads that have been ongoing today about comparing different formats as backs for use with the bigger DSLR lenses.

dougjgreen1's gear list:dougjgreen1's gear list
Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow