Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
larryj
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,587Gear list
Like?
Preliminary testing of the 50 mm Art lens versus the DP3M
1 month ago

I just picked up Kendall's DP3M today with the objective of shooting targets to use to compare and contrast the differences between the DP3M and the SDIM using the 50 mm ART lens. The first problem I ran into was I did not know how to properly operate the DP3M. I spent an hour or 2 making bad photos; mis-focused, over and under exposed and difficulty focusing and framing on the screen. I learned that you need to be very careful how you handle the camera; a misplaced finger or thumb can change the focus setting or add unwanted exposure compensation. I shot in auto focus, because I could not use the screen to focus in the outdoor setting I was shooting.

I think I got the hang of it now and here are a few shots from today. I am planning a mountain trip tomorrow and will get, hopefully, more interesting subjects to shoot. So far I see little difference in detail capture between the cameras. There is a large difference in the color out of the cameras, I will discuss this more after I have had a chance to do more shooting.

SD1M and the 50 mm F:1.4 Art lens

DP3M

SD1M and the 50 mm F:1.4 Art lens

DP3M

Let me know what you think ;O)>.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
larryj
If you can see the light, you can photograph it
Quote from Myron Woods

larryj's gear list:larryj's gear list
Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM +1 more
Sigma DP3 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow