Any three lenses (but only three)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
xxxYYYxxx
New MemberPosts: 6Gear list
Like?
Re: Any three lenses (but only three)
In reply to F8andbthere, 4 months ago

24G f/1.4 - I own it and I love it! This lens is on my Nikon D800 90% of the time and I always use it at f/1.4 to f/2.

58G f/1.4 or Sigma 50Art. I have a lot of hands on experience with Nikon 58G and I really like it. It can be difficult to nail focus when used wide open, but when in focus the results are superb. I will rent the Sigma in the near future to test it. I will sell my 85mm when I get either the Nikon 58 or Sigma 50 Art.

200G f/2 - I own it and absolutely love it! It is a burden to carry it around and I don't like all the attention I get when using it, but I will continue to use it as I really like the way it renders.

.... they would be my pick if I had to start all over and if I could get three lenses for free.

I actually prefer Zeiss lenses for the way they render colours and for the joy of using well crafted manual lenses, but I mainly use my camera to take pictures of my kids - and I am not good enough at manual focus when I have to take pictures of fast moving kids.

xxxYYYxxx's gear list:xxxYYYxxx's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200mm f/2G ED-IF VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/35 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow