Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stephen McDonald
Forum ProPosts: 11,982
Like?
Pre-Production FZ1000 Photos Not Impressive So Far
6 months ago

Another set of pre-production photos from Spain was recently posted on Flickr, to go with others from Panasonic. Along with those from DPR, they seem to share a flat, faded and not very sharp look, as though they were shot in a light fog. A few videos that have been shown, share this general mediocrity. Some downloaded video at the full bit-rate and not strained through the high compression of a hosting website, might look much sharper. But yet, I've seen 4K videos at the same places, that was strikingly better.

I've looked at them all many times and tried to see more in them, but I just can't do it. It's true that a few of the right firmware tweaks, can make a big difference in the results. I'm hoping that the 0.3 firmware of these cameras has a lot of room for improvement, by the time it reaches 1.0 for the production models.

This seems to happen often, that even the professional testers don't get good results from the first versions. The best photos from any new camera usually come from contributors to these forums,. They use them day after day and learn how to squeeze out their best, that reviewers can't duplicate in just a few hours of time.  And the reviewers are usually shooting them only at the default setting positions.

You wonder why the manufacturers even follow this means of introducing new cameras to us. I guess they just can't wait to put up something from them, to show that they really exist and are coming soon.

-- hide signature --
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow