Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JustEric
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
Wow Wow Wow, I'm on a Camera High
1 month ago

Just got a used Canon 7D today.  I picked it up off ebay for a great price since the shutter count was not posted.  I paid a fee for EOSCount to tell me the camera has a whopping 5400 shutter count.  I can't believe my luck.  So I go to the electronic store to get a memory card (the only thing not included) as was taken back by the 32 GB, 120 MB/Sec cards price for $150.  Then they guy helping me told me he can match prices.  He went on the internet and found it being sold for $50.  LOL $100 off on a $150 card.  I also bought a EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens.  So I go home and start taking pictures.

I bought a big book on the Canon 7D and plan to read it many times to get the best out of my camera but for today it's a point and shoot camera with very little expectations.  I took some nature pictures and they are incredible!  I can't believe the color and clarity using the kit lens and the 50mm lens in point and shoot mode.  I didn't work the photos at all and they are only 2.7mb Jpeg pictures.  I am using them on my computer as my desktop back ground.  I know I am a long way from being able to brag on my pictures but everyone in my house is very impressed by my photographic prowess.  Talk about a great kick start into a new hobby!

Now off to reading my camera book so I have a plan of action tomorrow.

Eric

Flowers on the deck

Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow