Ryden cotton-based anodes battery - game changer?
Power Japan Plus has found a way to use cathodes and anodes constructed of an organic carbon derived from cotton using more common and less expensive materials. As I recall from another article they predict 63% more energy in 40% of the space and able to charge a car-size battery in 12 minutes. The latter because there is zero heat generated during energy transfer. They mention lithium-ion, but then say completely recyclable. Many articles on this, still, sounds too good to be true... Al
Power Japan Plus's Ryden battery has five advantages over lithium-ion batteries:
1. charges 20 times faster (in minutes) than li-ion batteries.
2. has over 3,000 charge and discharge cycles - extremely reliable over many years of use.
3. is easy to manufacture; it doesn't use any rare metals.
4. is super safe; it runs at a steady temperature which reduces fire and explosion hazards.
5. is sustainable — 100 percent recyclable
Hmmm. Sounds great for my e-m1. Hope I live long enough to see one. heh
|Post ( )||Posted by||When|
|Jun 18, 2014|
|Jun 21, 2014|