Bragging about our expensive mirrorless/DSLR vs a point and shoot

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,826Gear list
Like?
Re: Bragging about our expensive mirrorless/DSLR vs a point and shoot
In reply to MrChristopher, 3 months ago

MrChristopher wrote:

Mister mejia over time you have posted several images with the same challenges - bright background that is exposed well with an underexposed subject. In each case you were at an event of some sorts and did the best you could under the circumstances but ended up displeased with the results.

hahaha, yes indeed, but this time i shot it in RAW as well, and got a very recoverable photo

I don't know where you live but I assume you have sunny days often. You might get a friend and spend an afternoon doing shots under the same circumstances and work it until you have everything dialed in. Take your time finding a suitable range of settings that produce the results you desire.

Yes thank you, i will continue to practice. The point of all of this is not that (I can't) get it exposed better, but more about how the hundred dollar one does it better and way easier

Then the next time you're at one of these sunny events you'll get things dialed in quicker or maybe in the first shot.

Definitely!  And that way i can send it via Facebook right away  

Just a suggestion.

Thank you, i appreciate your suggestion.

-- hide signature --
 mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow