Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Itamath
Regular MemberPosts: 158Gear list
Like?
A6000 Exposure settings
4 months ago

Hi, I'm new to Sony and the A6000 after many years with a Nikon D300.

With the Nikon D300 I could set A mode + Auto Iso + min shutter speed. This way I could control DOF, set the min speed I want according to the lens and the subject movment. Auto Iso would compleat the correct exposure. With the A6000 it's not working like that. there is no control over the min shutter speed. When I set to A mode the camera selects the shutter speed according to the lens for example with 30mm it's 1/60.  If I move to S mode I can control the speed but I cant control the DOF. For example when I set S mode to 1/160 I got F 4 and while I could shoot F2.8 and the ISO climbed up..

My conclusion is I should always use manual mode. A or S mode are useles for me. it dosnt give the control I had with my Nikon D300. I would be intrested to know what you do.

Itamath's gear list:Itamath's gear list
Sony a6000 Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 +1 more
Nikon D300 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow