My review: Fuji X-T1 vs the Nikon Df

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Caerolle
Senior MemberPosts: 1,378Gear list
Like?
Re: My review: Fuji X-T1 vs the Nikon Df
In reply to Jay A, 3 months ago

Jay A wrote:

Aren't we getting tired of these "It's easier to carry around so it must be better, plus I am not sophisticated enough to see a difference in image quality due to sensor size" threads?

Fact is, each system has its own advantages and disadvantages and these threads seem to indicate that it has to be a choice of one over the other. It doesn't have to be that way at all.

It does if you can only afford one good camera.

If you have the budget of the people posting in DPR talking about having $50,000 worth of gear ("I have two 5DIII's and a 1DxIII with 15 L lenses, and three X-T1's with all the lenses available to this point, and an OMD-E1 and two E5's and thus and such lenses"), it makes much less difference, you have choices for different uses.

Personally, I am in the first group. And dSLRs suck where mirrorless are awesome, and vice versa. I am looking forward to the day that my needs (wants?) can be met by a mirrorless system, with the trade-offs below my tipping point between the systems. If I win the lottery, I will have both, and won't much agonize over 'which is better', that is, where my satisfaction/dissatisfaction balance is best met. Until then, I will keep hoping some mirrorless system comes along that does it for me as a single system.

-- hide signature --

Not because I think they are good, but because I would like to improve (feel free to provide me with feedback):
http://500px.com/carolteater

Caerolle's gear list:Caerolle's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow