ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DaddyG
Regular MemberPosts: 215
Like?
Moving from Canon XXD to X-T1
4 months ago

Hi,

I'm considering the big switch from Canon's system (70D) to the X-T1, primarilily for the smaller size, excellent lenses and weather proofing.

But there's a couple of points that are giving me pause. Most importantly, I like to dabble in video and it appears that there is no manual control on the X-T1, and the quality is poor.

The ergonomics seem a bit dubious also, specifically as DPR point out the placement of the ISO dial. I'm also a little concerned about the camera's focusing ability with Birds in Flight. And finally, can you use the included flash to trigger slave flashes off camera, like with the Canon system?

Would be keen to hear from other users who have made such a move, or anyone who can give some pointers.

I gravitate towards wildlife/nature/lansdcape and sports images, although also love street and travel photography. I like to trek into the wilderness, so light weight is important. Difficult decisions!

Thanks for your time

DG

Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow