ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Olympus Ep5 - Questions from a newbie
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
A few questions regarding Olympus M.ZUIKO 17mm f/1.8
6 months ago

Hello,

So I just got my first real camera. An Olympus EP-5 and what a lovely camera. It takes great photos and all that stuff, but you already know that.

See, I am a newbie, when it comes to photography generally, but I want to learn. In addition to that I have a few questions regarding the lens M.ZUIKO 17mm f/1.8.

I am having a hard time figuring out how to do a normal zoom with the camera. It seems like I am only able to press the zoom button where it goes all the way to a 5x zoom where you can then zoom further to 7x, 10x and 14x. When I take photos on 10x for example it doesn't take the photo of what I have zoomed into, but the full frame of how the photo would be without any zoom. What is the point of this?

I would like to be able to zoom fx 2x and just generally zoom in and out so I can choose exactly what I want to photograph. I hope you are following what I mean!?

Have I missed something or is it really not possible to zoom like any other traditional camera?

Do you have any additional tips and tricks I should apply in terms of using this lense?

Hope you can help me.

Cheers,

Joen

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow