Which is your currency?

Started 5 months ago | Polls thread
Corkcampbell
Forum ProPosts: 13,134Gear list
Like?
Yeah, the whole issue of which currency is changing now.
In reply to Hen3ry, 5 months ago

Yeah, the whole issue of which currency is rapidly changing, becoming more fluid. I'm a good example. I am American so I have a US PayPal account, mostly using dollars, but I also earn money from China, so I have a Bank of China bankcard which, of course, contains RMB, but I use the card in Korea (where I'm living) to get Won here and even on trips to get whatever currency is being used where I'm visiting. When I check my balance, it shows the amount in whatever the local currency is. The occasional times that I've bought something locally (but still via eBay and PayPal) I believe Won was used. And, when using a (US) bank or credit card here, the processing machines actually give me a choice of paying in dollars or Won, and display the amount due in each currency, which, I assume, is so I can agree with the conversion rate. Since I never clean out my wallet or money clip, I am carrying RMB, USD, Won from each of the Koreas, and some Taiwan currency, and have a stack of UK pounds somewhere. The only major currency I don't really use is the Euro because I don't shop there and haven't visited in about four years.

-- hide signature --

"Knowledge is good." Emil Faber

Corkcampbell's gear list:Corkcampbell's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow