Which is your currency?

Started Jun 17, 2014 | Polls thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Forum ProPosts: 14,483Gear list
Yeah, the whole issue of which currency is changing now.
In reply to Hen3ry, Jun 17, 2014

Yeah, the whole issue of which currency is rapidly changing, becoming more fluid. I'm a good example. I am American so I have a US PayPal account, mostly using dollars, but I also earn money from China, so I have a Bank of China bankcard which, of course, contains RMB, but I use the card in Korea (where I'm living) to get Won here and even on trips to get whatever currency is being used where I'm visiting. When I check my balance, it shows the amount in whatever the local currency is. The occasional times that I've bought something locally (but still via eBay and PayPal) I believe Won was used. And, when using a (US) bank or credit card here, the processing machines actually give me a choice of paying in dollars or Won, and display the amount due in each currency, which, I assume, is so I can agree with the conversion rate. Since I never clean out my wallet or money clip, I am carrying RMB, USD, Won from each of the Koreas, and some Taiwan currency, and have a stack of UK pounds somewhere. The only major currency I don't really use is the Euro because I don't shop there and haven't visited in about four years.

-- hide signature --

"Knowledge is good." Emil Faber

Corkcampbell's gear list:Corkcampbell's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Olympus E-M5 II +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow