Which is your currency?

Started 4 months ago | Polls thread
Mike CH
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,179Gear list
Like?
Re: With respect, is there a reason why you should occupy our thoughts?
In reply to Glen Barrington, 4 months ago

Glen Barrington wrote:

A young French man approached me [...]

Since we are on the topic of people's behaviour while travelling, the saddest thing (just to have something different from the stupidest, like your Frenchie) that I ever experienced was the following.

While bicycling through Southern France I met an American couple in a restaurant. They were obviously having trouble with the menu, so I asked if I could help them. After chatting a bit they told me they were on the last days of a three week holiday in Europe, where they'd visited, amongst other places, Italy, France, Spain and Germany. They also told me that they had lived mostly on Spaghetti Bolognese the whole time. Because that was all they had been able to understand on the menus, most of the time! And nobody had helped them until they met me! Boy was I mad. (Not at them, at people for not helping them).

They didn't want the Paella I suggested, though...

Regards, Mike
--
Wait and see...

Mike CH's gear list:Mike CH's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 180mm f/3.5L Macro USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow