New Dp2 Quattro (beta) samples~~~~ Locked

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
jennyrae
Senior MemberPosts: 1,695Gear list
Re: Not bad but ...
In reply to SandyF, 3 months ago

do not have anything against Hbowman also but I somehow notice over-pessimism for some reason. possibly hit a nerve due to D800 comparison which I think should not be taken with offense. I believe most posters here are knowledgeable enough of difference and sensor size advantage and it is fun to see comparisons from time to time. idea of comparison in my opinion is how APS-C sensor has been improving over the years with help of hardware technology and software technology of such which is also applied and benefit also to bigger sensors.

I don't know, maybe he is more qualified than most people here to see what is being posted or pictures shown. I believe he may think people that are optimistic of Quattro are biased because of brand but it is more false assumption if asked my opinion. while true that optimism can be driven by bias, but it is more prevalent with other brands compared to Sigma (aside from Samsung which is another underappreciated great camera manufacturer) which seem to be whipping boy or butt joke of non-users.

truth is, optimism about Sigma is not due to brand, but of picture results that people see and like with Sigma except the razor-sharp eyes of bonafide critique HBowman.  I'm not a critque just like him, but when I like picture for my personal taste, then I like it. not because critique will tell it is not good.

with regards to Sigma as a company, they come a long way from being the bad Stigma lens to one of best quality lens makers. if they can improve their lenses, why not sensors?

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Wow!New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NiceNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow