New Dp2 Quattro (beta) samples~~~~ Locked

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Richard Franiec
Senior MemberPosts: 2,249Gear list
Re: Absolutely - exactly the way I see it...
In reply to Kendall Helmstetter Gelner, 5 months ago

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner wrote:

Richard Franiec wrote:

Lin Evans wrote:

Richard,

You are precisely correct in my opinion. "Premature" is putting it mildly. And I also agree that there is insufficient data yet to make the grandiose conclusions presented. It's beginning to sound like an agenda rather than simple observations; rathr a sledge hammer approach to introduce FUD into this launch.

I agree that the initial samples posted by Sigma more than likely don't do the justice to their overall efforts to finish the product the best they can. But after all, the posted samples were approved by someone high in the command chain so if they are posting half cooked material, it is their own fault. Remember SD1M initial samples? People formulate opinions based on available data. Majority of them know that the pictures cannot be judged on the merits of JPEG's and they indicated that waiting for the availability of RAW's is reasonable thing to do.

Just because something has been approved doesn't mean it was carefully reviewed.

do I see admittance to another blunder 

Also remember how meaningless the samples were and discussion around them once the camera was out. Lots of other people seem to be forgetting that.

I've not commented on the samples thinking that the only reason to post them was to keep the ball (interest) going. It was the mistake on Sigma's part in my mind.

Accusing someone of incoherence is the easiest thing to do if one has his own agenda opposed to the view of others.

Or, you know, actual incoherence.

I'm reminded of this often as you well know. It is up to the (intelligent) reader to draw the conclusion based on, well, intelligent listening. I have no problem in communicating in my marginal Spanish with locals in Peru, Spain or Mexico. They are just listening more carefully to get the meaning.

The real question is: who screwed up the initial presentation and created this unfortunate debates?

That's a question more for managers.

No, this is a question for Sigma as a whole.

Luckily we'll have cameras out soon which means resale files to examine, instead of just poking at others assumptions. Until then, the forum will remain an oven set at half-temperature.

I guess, you are right.

R

Richard Franiec's gear list:Richard Franiec's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon PowerShot G7 X Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS M +7 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Wow!New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NiceNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow