Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JohnNewman
Regular MemberPosts: 319Gear list
Like?
A future all-round kit
2 months ago

I put this comment on a thread in the E-mount forum. "We're going to get to the stage in a couple of years (not quite there yet) where (IMHO) MFT and APS-C are going to be superfluous. The 1" sensor will improve to the current quality of APS-C and an all-round kit will comprise of a lightweight 1" camera (or two) with a corresponding full frame body and lens(es).  Even at the moment I'd be fairly happy with a RX100, RX 10 and A7 with a couple of primes." But still shooting a mirrored DSLR for the time being but probably not for long"

It was a bit of a throwaway remark but, thinking about it afterwards, I can easily see myself moving in that direction shortly. Why?  Well, RX100 would be an excellent walk-around pocket camera, RX10 a step up and longer lens, A7 with a couple of primes for ultimate quality.  If I really wanted to cover all bases, probably an A7r and A7s but really any iteration of the 7 range.

What do others think? Is this a feasible package that would cover most bases. Maybe not for birds or really fast action but I reckon it would pretty well cover my needs.

John

Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha 7S Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow