Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Kendall Helmstetter Gelner
Forum ProPosts: 18,644Gear list
That trick only works when you are juggling with missing balls
In reply to Usee, 6 months ago

Usee wrote:

mike earussi wrote:

Hopefully these are just OOC jpegs. The sky is very noisy at iso 100, the colors are desaturated and low in contrast and it doesn't like horizontal lines at all. The first three are easily correctable in post but the last one is not. Hopefully the horizontal line problem can be fixed with SPP or firmware upgrades.

Yes, the horizontal line problem, is something I also wondered, why it seems to be more obvious, than at the vertical lines...

...I didn't mention it until now, because I thought, that maybe it is a personal oversensitivity...

Pretty sure it's a JPG issue.

...however, they could try to improve that with the 45 degree (sensor pattern) rotation trick, which Fuji used some years ago...

...and that is a serious suggestion!

Which would not do anything for Foveon.  The reason that "trick" helps bayer sensors is that vertical lines run into a larger variety of photosites so they don't miss the line as badly.  Then diagonal lines have the same issues.

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Wow!New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NiceNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow