Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
manthasfamily
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,604Gear list
Like?
Re: Trying to get the Raynox 150 to work
In reply to nicodimus22, 3 months ago

nicodimus22 wrote:

manthasfamily wrote:

One thing I need to figure out is how to get everything in focus.

I see that these shots are at f6.3. You could go to f8.0 if you wanted a little more of the subject in focus, although the image quality would drop a little. Are you using the smallest 1-area focus box that you can, with the switch on the side set to macro AF?

Thanks so much for commenting Nico!  I've been messing around with different f-stop and shutter speeds so at the moment I'm all over the place.  Just happens that these three were f6.3.  I just realized I needed to play around with the focus area box.  On these I'm not sure what I had it set to.  As for a switch on the side to set macro AF, there isn't one on the G3.  I can go into my scene settings but then the camera takes total control.  Then again maybe I need to let it.   I'm still practicing trying to figure out distance, but the dang wind is working against me.  I can't even use a tripod since I can't get the subject to stay still.  Thanks so much for the tips!!  The pic below was set as f9

-- hide signature --

Karen
If it pleases you then to hell what everyone else thinks!

manthasfamily's gear list:manthasfamily's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow