Would you take this assignment as a photographer's assistant?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Charles2
Senior MemberPosts: 2,234
Like?
Would you take this assignment as a photographer's assistant?
6 months ago

This post from another list might give you insight into the business.

A National Geographic photographer is looking for an assistant. Please read below:

To Whom it May Concern,

My name is (omitted), and I am a National Geographic photographer shooting a few feature posts story for the National Geographic Travel website. I am looking for a dynamic young person to help me out as an assistant. My dates are (five-day period)

I have had excellent luck over all these years finding young, eager, wanting-to-learn aspiring photographers, students, or even aspiring assistants. I am not looking for a professional photo assistant.

Most of all, I am looking for someone enthusiastic, positive, curious, organised, pro-active, detail-oriented, smart, and a hard worker, who is not going to complain, get bored or check FB/email/texts constantly while we are working.

I work long hours. This person must not be shy as I am a people photographer and need to communicate with the people whom I photograph.

We will go around in my car.

My budget is small. I can pay $120/day and some days might be very long. I really need someone who is available the whole time, or maybe two people, but I do need someone every day and available the whole day into the evening on any day we work together. I cannot have someone leave during the working day/evening.

This is a very rare opportunity for a young aspiring photographer to learn from a highly experienced professional photographer. I am a great teacher and am happy to share what I know. All my assistants over the years have had great learning experiences, and I have helped them with their careers when I see that they are passionate and dedicated.

Please respond to: (omitted). Please DO NOT respond if you don't exactly fit the bill. I don't have time to go through dozens of emails. Thank you very much.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow