Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
traveler_101
Contributing MemberPosts: 554Gear list
Like?
Re: I Sold My PL1 and Replaced it With a PM2
In reply to Klarno, 1 month ago

Klarno wrote:

Edmund Dorf wrote:

And I'm sorry I did. I miss the manual control of the PL1. Took a lot of photos that I really like. It was more than capable of doing what I do.

Strange, I find the E-PM2 to offer just as much manual control as the E-PL1 and far easier at that because the PM2 has a dial where the PL1 only has buttons.

I recommend the PM2 as well, assuming that you are on a limited budget and you are happy with the VF-2. If you have more to spend, prefer a built in viewfinder and don't mind the SLR style, I would say get the E-M10.

I got the E-PM2 because it was an incredible bargain and I had the VF-2 already, having used it on my E-PL1 which died. In fact i got to E-PM2--one for me and one for my wife.

The level of controls on the PM2 is better E-PL1 and for me it works well. I shoot aperture priority and having a wheel and the ability shift back and forth between aperture and exposure compensation is all i need, that and direct access to the super control panel. Personally don't need anything else. You shift to movie mode pretty quickly even without a PASM dial.

I am divided about the built in viewfinder. It is a pita to remember to bring it along, but I kind of like being able to take it off and then have a very very small camera. The form factor of the E-PM2 is amazing--small, light and thin. I love it.

Finally the sensor is so much better . . . people talk about high ISO yes, but don't forget much better dynamic range. my gosh all that struggling with "blinkies" on images from the old sensor . . . all gone. Get a new camera; you won't be sorry.

traveler_101's gear list:traveler_101's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow