EPL-1 user thinking of upgrade

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ecm
ecm
Senior MemberPosts: 1,427Gear list
Like?
Re: EPL-1 user thinking of upgrade
In reply to hockey guy, 4 months ago

You got some great shots with that E-PL1, it really doesn't look like you need anything else. My question would be, what SPECIFICALLY would you want the new camera to be better at?

I had trouble with what was (in retrospect) shutter shake with my E-PL1, and I never got over the lack of a viewfinder, even with the VF-2 it just wasn't the same. I never "bonded" with it, I guess. I moved on to the Panasonic G-series and I've been very happy with the handling - I have a G5 which has become my day-to-day shooter; it's small and light yet still comfortable, with an excellent EVF, decent fingertip controls, swing out touch screen, silent shutter, use-able ISO 3200, and so many other improvements on the E-PL1. Still, you stuck it out with your E-PL1 for 4 times as long as I did; if it ticks all your boxes.....

If you find yourself gravitating to viewfinders (like me) there's a lot of good choices in the u4/3 lineup; IMO a built-in viewfinder is one of the few reasons you should consider an upgrade. The new 16 MP u4/3 sensors really improve on the old 12 MP sensor in many ways, and would be the other major reason to upgrade - better high ISO, less posterization, better detail.

Colin

-- hide signature --

Quot homines tot sententiae.

ecm's gear list:ecm's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS15 Canon EOS 600D Pentax Q Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 LG G3
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow