Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Phathom
Regular MemberPosts: 281Gear list
Like?
Traveling Lenses/What is your setup?
1 month ago

G'day Mates (ok, that's the only Australia themed lingo I'm likely to use here)

I'm headed to Austrailia for my honeymoon in November and I'm trying to figure out what lenses to bring. We will be cruising as well as spending time in Sydney and then to the great barrier reef (although I'm going to buy a small point and shoot that is waterproof for that). I have some gear, but I am open to buying really any lenses that will be best suited for my trip. I will likely be bringing a travel tripod with me, but I just don't see myself bringing really large or bulky lenses. Any suggestions on what combination of my current gear, or new lenses I should pick up would be greatly appreciated. Don't bother with the cost just what, in your opinion, would be the optimal setup.

Gear I own:

D5200 (Might upgrade to the 7100, although I am waiting to see if another "Ultra DX" comes out in september as rumored)

Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 (really fun lens)

Sigma 50-150mm f/2.8

Nikkor 18-55 kit lens

Sigma 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 (obviously this is my standard though, but the sharpness and color quality really aren't ideal.)

My current thought, based on another thread, is to get the Tokina 11-16mm II f/2.8 for landscapes and then the travel zoom. The 18-35 sigma is a really great lens for city life though. Thoughts?

Phathom's gear list:Phathom's gear list
RX100 III Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow