What percentage photos taken at "full-wide" ???

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JoePhoto
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,012
Like?
What percentage photos taken at "full-wide" ???
3 months ago

Obviously this question does not apply to you "birders" or others that exclusively use your camera (FZ-200 or other), for telephoto specific reasons.

What percentage of your shots are taken at "full-wide" vs some other zoom range.

I suggest if that number is even 10%, then you COULD / (and probably WOULD) have used an even wider angle for that specific shot.

I am simply surprised that so few people seem to agree with me on the NEED for more WA. And I am aware that 24/25 is more than we used to have. (It was not that long ago that the WA on P&S all started at 35mm, then a rare few @ 28mm. So I know I should be happy with 25mm.

But wider WA CAN be done, The Nikon P-500 had 22mm, and Panny did it w/ FZ-70, (and Oly has it also). So it CAN be done, (inexpensively and w/out loss of quality).

I suggest that 20mm would be an almost ideal walk-around WA, and it then would only take a .7 converter to achieve true UWA or fish-eye.  (which is a whole-new world of photography FUN or unique-photos if you have not tried it)

-- hide signature --

Thanks for reading .... JoePhoto
( Do You Ever STOP to THINK --- and FORGET to START Again ??? )

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow